Horseback riding has been a famous hobby for the adventurous sports lovers. It also needs a great deal of energy and love for animals. So those who actually take up Horseback riding as a hobby must be rather passionate and motivated.
This is a rather risky sport and you need to be extra cautious, as you can fall off the horseback any time and get hit on the head. This is much like a motorcycle or bike ride when you know you are endangering your life if you are not wearing the right equestrian helmet.
It is also not safe for your confidence level, as you know that you have been handicapped and thus may lose your life in this game. This is never advisable.
If you are willing to compete in the horse riding competition, then it is mandatory to wear a good helmet. You can never take part in any such race if you are not armed and protected enough. So what are the features that a good equestrian helmet should have?
- Certification is vital, whichever brand and model you wish to buy for yourself, it should have the certification of American Safety for Testing & Materials or Safety Equipment Institute. Helmets are meant not only for your protection, but they should also shield you against the weather, be it windy, rainy or warm.
- The helmet that you want to buy should not have the tag of “for dress only”, as you can simply understand that this
equipment will not be as useful and is not safe.
- Check for the best size. You should not feel uncomfortable while wearing one. Try the helmets and feel which one fits your head best. Horse riding is a very rough sport and you should not buy a loose or over snug one which may fall of or squeeze your head during the riding.
Now if you have decided upon buying the perfect equestrian helmet but do not know about the best brands available in the market, let us help you with more information. So many popular sports equipment companies are selling helmets nowadays, that it is hard to decide the perfect one. However, here is our suggestion over the top Best equestrian
- One K Defender is one of the top quality, polycarbonate shell made an equestrian helmet which is covered with synthetic suede. It comes with a comfortably padded harness and looks quite stylish. The steel mesh ventilation system makes it quite original. It is quite suitable for wearing in any competition and you can safely choose this for your next horse riding session. It weighs 2.6 pounds and is washable. The antimicrobial liner helps to keep the rider’s head safe from any fungal infection due to sweating.
- Ovation Schooler is quite a lightweight one, and the special features of this equestrian helmet are is high flow mesh vent. It comes with a rubberized finish which gives it a matte look. The helmet has a removable breakaway visor. There are large varieties of sizes available with this brand so the largest and smallest head can find their best-suited helmet from this brand. Also, this one comes with the leather strap which, along with adjustable dial makes it snug while worn.
- Charles Owen Ayr8 is much simplistic in look, and light weight too. It has a flip-up visor and microfiber suede lining. This one being quite lightweight does not compromise with the safety terms, and its front and rear vent holes make it breathable.
- Devon-Aire 1002 is very flexible as it possesses adjustable nylon straps and dial-fit retention. This one hugs the head of the wearer lightly and yet is safe as it meets the SEI and ASTM standards at per.
- Troxel Spirit Schooling is one of the rare equestrian helmets which comes with 7 mesh covered vents and a very durable outer shell makes it quality-wise equal to any costlier product. Though its shape is a bit big, yet you cannot get a better product at this price.