The Mane Street

Ad Pricing Info Will Clinging

Go Back   The Mane Street Forums > Discipline Specific Discussion > Eventing

Eventing This is for those intrepid adrenaline junkies that train and compete for Eventing. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2008 01:11 PM   #21
darlaflack
leg me up

Inez Fischer-Credo Propfee. She was one of Canada's first dressage riders (olympics). Wonderful person, wonderful rider, wonderful teacher!
darlaflack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008 03:39 PM   #22
magoo
Distinguished Member

hmmm
not all of them clinics, but i have ridden with
Jill Henselwood
Ian Millar and children, Jonathan and Amy
Ludger Beerbaum
Mark Todd... amazing... my person favorite horse person ever...
Dale Irwin
Eric Lamaze
Larry Nells (Arizona.. did colt starting with him) another favorite

I haven't done any clinics recently, there are not alot up here....
magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008 04:11 PM   #23
darlaflack
leg me up

my oh my Magoo. You have certainly ridden with some of the Best!
Old 05-18-2008 08:07 PM   #24
Adel
Born to Ride

I would love to meet Ian Miller let alone to ride with him - that is quite the experience.

It's amazing how many great teachers there are there... a new approach, new learning from each one.
Adel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008 10:02 PM   #25
darlaflack
leg me up

does anyone here get the neat magazine "Hello". Cheap, and cool. There is a wonderful thing in the latest with Ian and the kids.
Old 05-19-2008 03:47 PM   #26
boarderline
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlaflack View Post
Inez Fischer-Credo Propfee. She was one of Canada's first dressage riders (olympics). Wonderful person, wonderful rider, wonderful teacher!
Inez was amazing!!!! She loved my horse because he is an eventer and was in great shape so she pushed us hard the whole three days. It was great.
I even got some on video.
boarderline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008 05:46 PM   #27
equestrian72
I'm all about Christmas!

Ridden:
David Wilding-Davies
Jeanine Ellingham
Pam Arthur
Rita Devlin
Mark Carter
Tom Dvorak
Maureen Walters

Audited:
Charles DeKnuffy
Old 05-19-2008 10:50 PM   #28
magoo
Distinguished Member

I was just very lucky... I was in the right place at the right time I guess. My brothers girlfreind at the time had Jill Henselwood as a coach for years and had been freinds with Amy Millar and she connected me with her when I was living in the area. Another coach I had used to work for Ian Millar and when he called her looking for a few students to ride for him for a few weeks until he hired some new staff, she sent me and a few others over there to ride his younger stock. I was offered a job with him.. turned it down. I am not going to go into it here, but I don't have much to say about him or his son. His daughter was great though.
I then got a job with a women from the states who travelled in the circles that included these riders and stayed with her for 8 monthes before getting burnt out and leaving... it was a amazing time... both great and not so great... i learnt something different from all the riders...
my favorites where Mark Todd and Ludgar Beerbaum
magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008 11:59 PM   #29
darlaflack
leg me up

I guess besides Inez, (because she was local), was Charles. Brilliant. He could produce a nothing horse, with a new rider into art, movement, happy in 3 days. (and that is a personal story). First clinic, rode a horse for people, horse was broke like 3 weeks. Barely steered. With his soft approach he kind of gathered me up, which impacted on the horse and she started floating. Dunno, awesome experience it was. Other thing he introduced into my life was riding to music.
Old 05-20-2008 02:12 PM   #30
sunhawk
Distinguished Member

My clinic with Charles DeKunffy was waaay back in my early days as a rider in the late '70's at Trail, long before I understood anything about the training scale. I've been able to look back, though, and recall things that he taught that I just wasn't ready to understand then. The same with Bonny Bonnello, in the same time period. I didn't know what she meant when she said to supple the rein, I do now, but her clinic was the first time I had horses in a round frame, but it was still ages later that I started to understand frame. Back in those days, the only instruction available was clinics. There was one instructor in the area, and she was always booked solid, no room for newbie's. Trail usually got about 3 different dressage instructors in for clinics in a year, and each instructor taught differently, so until I went to Kelowna in the late '80's and challenged the level 1 with Jody Sloper instructing, I was a mishmash of conflicting techniques with huge gaps in my education. Jody was the coach who put it all together for me.
sunhawk is offline   Reply With Quote